    Thanks.

    --
    am

    moondaddy, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Hi Moondaddy,

    From your description, I understand you're using VS 2008 to develope a
    solution containing a .NET 2.0 winform and ASPX webservcie project.
    However, you found that the winform project can not step into the
    webservice project when debugging, correct?

    yes, steping through from winform to the callee webservice project(in same
    solution) should be workable. To make the problem more concentrate, I would
    suggest you try the following things:

    ** Try a new solution(with a winform and webservice projects) that are
    purely created from VS 2008 to see whether it suffers the problem.

    ** Try creating a simpilfied VS 2003 one and convert it to VS 2008 projects
    to see whether the same behavior occur.

    This just help confirm whether it is a common issue or whethe it only
    occurs on converted projects.

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any other findings.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: "moondaddy" <>
    >Subject: unable to debug web service project
    >Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 02:20:02 -0500

    >I have a VS 2008 solution which has a .net 2.0 winforms app that was just
    >upgraded from VS 2003 .net 1.1. It also has a web service project .net

    2.0.
    >when I try to debug by stepping from the winforms app into a web service I
    >get the error:
    >
    >Unable to Automatically Step Into the Server
    >
    >I looked at the documentation and I've done everything listed such as
    >setting debug=true in the web.config file.
    >
    >However, if I just run the ws app, I can debug with in it. I just cant

    step

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 8, 2007

  3. moondaddy

    moondaddy Guest

    Thanks Steven,

    I wasn't able to find the problem. So for each project I originally created
    in 1.1 and upgraded to 2.0, I created a new project in 2.0 and copied in all
    the classes and components into it. that seemed to work. there must have
    been some internal pluming left over from the 1.1 conversion that VS didn't
    like.

    moondaddy, Oct 9, 2007
  4. Thanks for your reply Moondaddy,

    Yes, such problems is mostly caused some settings reserved from old project
    and the new IDE may not work quite well with them. So start with a new
    project and add stuff usually fix it. Anyway, glad that you no longer
    suffer the problem.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    --------------------
    >From: "moondaddy" <>

    <>
    >Subject: Re: unable to debug web service project
    >Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 22:33:29 -0500

    >Thanks Steven,
    >
    >I wasn't able to find the problem. So for each project I originally

    created
    >in 1.1 and upgraded to 2.0, I created a new project in 2.0 and copied in

    all
    >the classes and components into it. that seemed to work. there must have
    >been some internal pluming left over from the 1.1 conversion that VS

    didn't
    >like.
    >
    >"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Moondaddy,
    >>
    >> From your description, I understand you're using VS 2008 to develope a
    >> solution containing a .NET 2.0 winform and ASPX webservcie project.
    >> However, you found that the winform project can not step into the
    >> webservice project when debugging, correct?
    >>
    >> yes, steping through from winform to the callee webservice project(in

    same
    >> solution) should be workable. To make the problem more concentrate, I
    >> would
    >> suggest you try the following things:
    >>
    >> ** Try a new solution(with a winform and webservice projects) that are
    >> purely created from VS 2008 to see whether it suffers the problem.
    >>
    >> ** Try creating a simpilfied VS 2003 one and convert it to VS 2008
    >> projects
    >> to see whether the same behavior occur.
    >>
    >> This just help confirm whether it is a common issue or whethe it only
    >> occurs on converted projects.
    >>
    >> Please feel free to let me know if you have any other findings.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Steven Cheng
    >>
    >> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    >> ications.