Unable to encrypt some sections in web.config

Olivier MATROT

Hello,
I would like to encrypt configuration sections with "aspnet_regiis" and
"-pef" option.
This is working fine for most of the sections I'm interested in, for
instance <appSettings> and <connectionStrings>.
This is not working for the <identity> section. The tool claims that the
section could not be found... :
"The configuration section 'identity' was not found.
Failed!"
Of course the section does exists and the site is running as expected.
I also would like to encrypt <roleManager>, <membership> and <profile>. This
is not working, it is failing with the same reason.
Any help appreciated.
TIA.

Olivier MATROT

Found the solution.
The <identity> element is nested under the section <system.web>, so it must
be prefixed accordingly.
This is working fine with "system.web/identity" in the command line.
Could be applied to the others sections as well.