Unable to establish secure connection with the server

Harry

I am trying to open a site through IIS 6.0.

I am using Forms Authentication and Active Directory. Here is the
information from my web.config.

<add name="ADConnectionString"
connectionString="LDAP://10.XX.195.X/ou=ABC,dc=esb-test-aaaa,dc=ggg,dc=eee"/>

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="LogIn.aspx" protection="All" name=".ADAuthCookie"
defaultUrl="Default.aspx" timeout="20" requireSSL="false"
slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="UseDeviceProfile" />
</authentication>
<identity impersonate="false"/>
<authorization>
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>
<membership defaultProvider="MyADMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<add name="MyADMembershipProvider"
attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"
type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="asmith"
connectionPassword="Password1234" enableSearchMethods="true"
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="3" minRequiredPasswordLength="8"/>
</providers>
</membership>

Everything works fine on the same machine using the ASP.NET Development
Server. When I run the same code through IIS it gives me an error in the
web.config.

Unable to establish secure connection with the server in the
MyADMembershipProvider.

I don't understand why this is happening because it works fine using the
ASP.NET Development Server.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it.

Robert Ireland

Hi There,

Did you manage to resolve this? I'm getting either "The LDAP server is
unavailable" and sometimes "Unable to establish a secure connection with the
server", then again sometimes it all works. The AD server is one hop away,
and ldp works fine!

Thanks
Robert Ireland