Unable to establish secure connection with the server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Harry, Aug 15, 2007.

  1. Harry

    Harry Guest

    I am trying to open a site through IIS 6.0.

    I am using Forms Authentication and Active Directory. Here is the
    information from my web.config.

    <add name="ADConnectionString"
    connectionString="LDAP://10.XX.195.X/ou=ABC,dc=esb-test-aaaa,dc=ggg,dc=eee"/>

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="LogIn.aspx" protection="All" name=".ADAuthCookie"
    defaultUrl="Default.aspx" timeout="20" requireSSL="false"
    slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="UseDeviceProfile" />
    </authentication>
    <identity impersonate="false"/>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    </authorization>
    <membership defaultProvider="MyADMembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <add name="MyADMembershipProvider"
    attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="asmith"
    connectionPassword="Password1234" enableSearchMethods="true"
    maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="3" minRequiredPasswordLength="8"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    Everything works fine on the same machine using the ASP.NET Development
    Server. When I run the same code through IIS it gives me an error in the
    web.config.

    Unable to establish secure connection with the server in the
    MyADMembershipProvider.

    I don't understand why this is happening because it works fine using the
    ASP.NET Development Server.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it.
    Harry, Aug 15, 2007

  2. Harry

    guy Guest

    Re: Unable to establish secure connection with the ser...

    Did you solve the problem? I have a similar problem.
    guy, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Hi There,

    Did you manage to resolve this? I'm getting either "The LDAP server is
    unavailable" and sometimes "Unable to establish a secure connection with the
    server", then again sometimes it all works. The AD server is one hop away,
    and ldp works fine!

    Thanks
    Robert Ireland

    Robert Ireland, Oct 22, 2007