Event ID: 1073
Date: 30/01/2007
Time: 10:01:25
User: N/A
Computer: IFM-ADHOTRE
Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/local.gavinsullivan.net

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
dependencies. Access is denied.
StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName,
String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName,
Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args,
CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1089
Date: 30/01/2007
Time: 10:06:50
User: N/A
Computer: IFM-ADHOTRE
Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not
have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error: 0x80070005 Access
is denied.

Guest

Hi,
A simple solution for you is that uninstall,delete everything under
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727, then do a full install again.

Thanks and Regards,
Manish Bafna.
MCP and MCTS.

Gavin Sullivan said:
Hi,

This is probably a dumb question but can anyone tell me why I'm getting this
message in the Event log?

Basically, I'm trying to run a simple ASP application from VS2005 and I keep
getting 'Server Unavailable'. The Event log is as follows:

Event Type: Warning

Date: 30/01/2007
Time: 10:06:50
User: N/A
Computer: IFM-ADHOTRE
Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not
have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error: 0x80070005 Access
is denied.

Gavin Sullivan

Thanks for that.

Ended up going through a list of directories and resetting the worker
thread's permissions!!!

Almost took as long!!! :(