unable to execute dos commands through web application

Arjun

Problem definition:: Register a .dll assembly into GAC(\windows\assembly)
through web application

I have a code which works fine with web application before
deployment(Without IIS), But the same code doesn't work when the web
application is ran through IIS(Without errorthe code executes but it fail
to run Command "gacutil" ).

I have NTFS partition on my PC and Windows server 2003 running..

It may be due to NTFS security
PLease let me if u know. I have try lot to get it done but couldn't
succeed....

I am greatfull to u
Thanks in advance

Joe Kaplan

Why would you do this? Typically, you an adminstrator would install an
assembly into the GAC when the app is deployed. You generally don't need to
do this from the web application itself.

Joe K.

Dominick Baier

typical worker process accounts don't have the privileges to add something
to the GAC - you need admin privs for that (and you don't want to run your
web app as admin!)

do the registration during deployment from an admin account.

Arjun

Thanks for the reply..
But Dominick,
I am running my code with admin priviledges.
One thing I found out is ,It is NTFS security that doesn't allow to do this.

and one more thing, Did u mean running web application is to follow the stp
below

1>Right click on the virtual directory,Go to properties and then go to
directory security and enable anonymous access specifying ADmin account
there.

2>Allow anonymous user to

Arjun

I have provided application security for my application.So only predefined
user(Admins) can login into the application..