Unable to find an entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll : Server Error

Sam Fields

I have found very little regarding the error "Unable to find an entry point
named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll. ". I have an ASP.NET
Web Service being accessed via SSL. I found a website indicating that if
any of your .dll names are security.dll, it could cause this issue. I
happened to have named the service that -- so I renamed the service's dll,
and it still didn't work.

I decided to start from scratch, and built a test service (namespace
"ServiceHost") with one method:

[WebMethod()]
public string SayHello()
{
return "Hello";
}

It still does not work when accessed via SSL.

The exception is listed below. Can anyone tell me what's configured
incorrectly?

Thanks!
Sam Fields

Server Error in '/sandbox' Application.
----

Unable to find an entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL
security.dll.

Exception Details: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an
entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named
EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.]
System.Net.NativeNTSSPI.EnumerateSecurityPackagesW(Int32& pkgnum, IntPtr&
arrayptr) +0
System.Net.SSPISecureChannelType.EnumerateSecurityPackages(Int32& pkgnum,
IntPtr& arrayptr) +45
System.Net.SSPIWrapper.EnumerateSecurityPackages(SSPIInterface SecModule)
+57
System.Net.SSPIWrapper.GetSupportedSecurityPackages(SSPIInterface
SecModule) +29
System.Net.SecureChannel..cctor() +40

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
"System.Net.SecureChannel" threw an exception.]
System.Net.SecureChannel..ctor(String hostname, X509CertificateCollection
clientCertificates) +0
System.Net.TlsStream.Handshake(ProtocolToken message) +51

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish
secure channel for SSL/TLS.]
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +674
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
+75
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +132
methodName, Object[] parameters) +105
sandbox.webservice.servicehost.SayHello() in G:\wwwroot\sandbox\Web
References\webservice\Reference.cs:37
sandbox._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
g:\wwwroot\sandbox\default.aspx.cs:37