Unable to find an entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in

Guest

I am trying to solve the following exception. The exception occurs when my
ASP.NET code behind code attemtps to access a remore site using SSL. Please
note that all certificates are valid and the remote site is trusted. Also, my
web site uses a custom HTTPModule implemented in a DLL named Security.dll.

Unable to find an entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL
security.dll.

Exception Details: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an
entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi TRI_CODER,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
From your description, you've a custom HttpModule which is compiled into a
custom assembly named security.dll. And when you using this httpmodule in
an asp.net web application and try to accessing another remote site through
HTTPS connection, you're encountering the
=========
| Exception Details: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an
| entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll
======

error , yes?

Based on my research, the problem you're encountering seems just due to the
"security.dll" of your custom component. When using HTTPS to access remote
resource, the system need to call the SSPI for SSL in the system components
which is in the "security.dll" under the %win dir% \system32 . However,
since you've a custom "security.dll" assembly which has already been loaded
into your application(process), the system assume that you've already
loaded the correct dll and didn't load the system32's security.dll, thus
you encoutering the error that fail to locate the proper security function
in your custom security.dll.

Currently the suggested resolution is to prevent naming our custom dll as
the "security.dll" since it conflict to the system's existing dll. You can
try modify your custom httpmodle assembly's name to see whether it helps.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security