unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'

Matthew Louden

I created an ASP.NET web application. I added a TextBox and a
RequiredFieldValidator control, and set the ControlToValidate property of
RequiredFieldValidator control to be TextBox1. After I built and run the
application, it pops up an error dialog as follows:

unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'

any ideas?? Thanks!

AW

You might have this error because you changed the root directory for your
virtual folders. When installing, the validation scripts are placed in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322, so if you then change
the base directory of your web sites you get this error.

Dave

I have also been geting this error.

The WebUIValidation.js is there, but I ran 'aspnet_regiis -c' anyway.
It didn't fix the problem.

In my case I only get this error ocassionally.
Most of the time I don't, but sometimes I do.

Has anyone found a solution for this when 'aspnet_regiis -c' doesn't fix it?

Dave

H Branyan said:
Run 'aspnet_regiis -c' in the command line.

--
[[((hillarie))]]

To reply by email, remove ".SPAMBLOCK" from email address

Matthew Louden said:
I created an ASP.NET web application. I added a TextBox and a
RequiredFieldValidator control, and set the ControlToValidate property of
RequiredFieldValidator control to be TextBox1. After I built and run the
application, it pops up an error dialog as follows:

unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'

any ideas?? Thanks!

Shrage Smilowitz

This problem happens anytime you the system cannot access that folder Either
you don’t have permission Or its is not in your root directory

Note: there is a lot of versions of that folder System_web/1_1_4322 is only
one of the versions. If part of your site is working that’s because its
looking for a version you have in the root directory. Check it out closely

Matthew Louden said:
I created an ASP.NET web application. I added a TextBox and a
RequiredFieldValidator control, and set the ControlToValidate property of
RequiredFieldValidator control to be TextBox1. After I built and run the
application, it pops up an error dialog as follows:

unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'

any ideas?? Thanks!

Dave56

It's not that part of my site is working and part is not, but a given page
will sometimes show that error and simply refreshing will make it go away.

When it happens (which is not too often) it usually happens on the first
access to the page.

Does this happen for others, or is it just me (again).

Dave

H Branyan said:
Run 'aspnet_regiis -c' in the command line.

--
[[((hillarie))]]

To reply by email, remove ".SPAMBLOCK" from email address

I created an ASP.NET web application. I added a TextBox and a
RequiredFieldValidator control, and set the ControlToValidate
property
of
RequiredFieldValidator control to be TextBox1. After I built and run the
application, it pops up an error dialog as follows:

unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'

any ideas?? Thanks!

Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
This worked for me.

It seems that the version is not registered. Try running hte following command:

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 aspnet_regiis -c

if you are running windows XP like me - run:

C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 aspnet_regiis -c

Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Same problem

Hello everyone,

I also have the file present at the required folder on the site root but still doesn't work. I tried running the 'aspnet_regiis -c' and it completed successfully (for all versions on the folder, just in case) but I still have the same problem. Thanks in advance!

Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
To fix this...
Go to the command prompt for visual studio.Type in :
cd C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
then type aspnet_regiis -c

This should fix the problem

Joined
Oct 9, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Here's what worked for me.

I had the webroot located at 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot'. For various reasons I was instructed to install elsewhere, so I created a new website in 'd:\elsewhere' and placed my application within it, i.e., 'd:\elsewhere\myappp'.

That's when I got the missing javascript file error. After reading this page, I located the 'aspnet_client' folder in 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot' and placed it in my new website, 'd:\elsewhere'. So the final resting place for the javascript library was 'd:\elsewhere\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322\WebUIValidation.js'.

This worked for me, hope it does for some of you.