Unable to get next page in screen scrape

Al Cadalzo

I am doing a screen-scraping app using HttpWebRequest.

I create the HttpWebRequest and then I call the GetResponse() method on it.

I get the page back OK. The page has a 'Next' button on it. I want to get
the next page by "clicking" the 'Next' button on the Web page using the
HttpWebRequest. Is that possible to do?

I looked at the html from the response and the 'Next' button is:

<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="nextpage" VALUE="NEXT" style="font-size:8pt">

For other web sites, I was able to get the href for the 'next' page from the
'next' link, but in this case it is not a link. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Al

Natty Gur

Hi,

Submit button posts the form with data. You can analyze the form inputs
and generate webrequest with the form data to the page specify in the
form action attribute.

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur