    Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Andy
    a, Dec 20, 2003

  2. VS opens web projects as FrontPage webs. You can make the virtual directory
    an FP web by right-clicking on the virtual server in the IIS MMC, select new
    | Server Extensions Web and entering the web and title as the exact same as
    the virtual directory. You'll probably need to run a check server extensions
    at both the root web level and on the virtual directory through the
    right-click | tasks | Check server extensions (this operation makes sure
    that the directory has the correct permissions).

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Dec 20, 2003

  3. a

    a Guest

    Thanks for your response.

    I tried that at "/Web Sites/Default Web Site/Rainbow". I hit "New/Server
    Extensions 2002 Web. The "Check Server Extensions 2002" said there were no
    problems. I still get the same message when opening the code in VS.

    You said, "VS opens web projects as FrontPage webs." Can you direct me to a
    book, web sites, etc. about what in the world is a FrontPage Web in .NET? I
    don't understand why we need FP Extensions or what they are. Is it more
    components for coding? More components for the server? What happens if I
    don't use it?

    Thanks,
    Andy

    a, Dec 22, 2003