Unable to get the project file from Web server

Juan Dent

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET application that somebody gave it to me
but when I attempt to run it I get the following error in
a dialog with a title "Microsoft Development Environment":

"Unable to get the project file from the Web server"

I have probably not configured this project correctly.
What should I do?

Thanks,
Juan

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

First, make sure the project file is out there, as it may not have been
moved to the server. Second, make sure the solution file points to the right
server name (the one you are trying to contact); open the .sln file in an
XML (or text) editor, and check.

Most likely, the person who gave this to you assumed your set up was the
same as theirs, or they sent a .sln for a local mapping, while you are
attempting to hit a server.