Unable to install ASP.NET

Ayende Rahien

I can't get IIS to recognize ASP.NET.
I recently installed IIS so I could test ASP.NET pages that I'm writing, but
it just give me the (exact) page back.
Meaning that if I've a <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Test.WebForm1" %>
At the top, it return it too.

I tried reinstalling Remote Components (VS.NET), reinstalling .NET 1.0 and
then installing .NET 1.1 SDK.
To no avail, when I go to IIS>Default Web>Propeties>ISASI Filters, the list
there is empty.
How do I fix it?

Alex Munk

Two things come to mind:

1) Did you create the site as a "Server Extension Web"?
2) After creating the Web Site go into the properties and create
"Application".

Regards,
Alex

Ayende Rahien

Alex Munk said:
Two things come to mind:

1) Did you create the site as a "Server Extension Web"?
2) After creating the Web Site go into the properties and create
"Application".

VS.Net 2002 > New project > Asp.Net Web Application >Name it "Test2"> Ok
Creates a new directory in wwwroot$ which doesn't have application mappings
for aspx, asmx, ascx etc.
How do I fix it?