Unable to install perl module win32:driveinfo

shaahul

Hi

I am trying to install the perl module driveInfo, but have been
unsuccessful.

I downloaded Win32-DriveInfo-0.06.tar.gz from
http://www.cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html and unzipped to a
directory.

- From that directory, I ran "perl Makefile.PL". This was the output-
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Win32::DriveInfo

- Then ran "make" and "make test", but get this error.
makefile:653: *** missing separator. Stop.

I am new to Perl and am unable to figure out the fix for this problem.
Can someone tell me what I might be missing?

Thanks.

Randy Kobes

shaahul said:
Hi

I am trying to install the perl module driveInfo, but have been
unsuccessful.

I downloaded Win32-DriveInfo-0.06.tar.gz from
http://www.cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html and unzipped to a
directory.

- From that directory, I ran "perl Makefile.PL". This was the output-
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Win32::DriveInfo

- Then ran "make" and "make test", but get this error.
makefile:653: *** missing separator. Stop.

If you're using ActivePerl, it's more straightforward
to use Microsoft's "nmake":
http://johnbokma.com/perl/make-for-windows.html
However, again for ActivePerl, it's easier again to
first check if a ppm package is available:
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/dist/Win32-DriveInfo
See
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePerl/5.8/faq/ActivePerl-faq2.html
for help on getting started with ppm.

shaahul

Thanks a lot Randy

I was able to use nmake and these are the commands I ran.

1. perl Makefile.PL
Output
----------
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Win32::DriveInfo

2. nmake
Output
----------

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.9782.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

cp DriveInfo.pm blib\lib\Win32\DriveInfo.pm

3. nmake test
Output
----------

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.9782.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -Iblib\arch -Iblib\lib -IC:\Perl\lib
-IC:\Perl\lib
test.pl
1..11
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
ok 4
ok 5
ok 6
ok 7
ok 8
ok 9
ok 10
Drive C: `dir' and module returned not the same
not ok 11

4. nmake install
Output
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.9782.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

Skipping C:\Perl\site\lib\Win32\DriveInfo.pm (unchanged)
Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Win32\DriveInfo\.packlist
Appending installation info to C:\Perl\lib/perllocal.pod

Could you please let me know if the installation was successful.

Thanks.

Shaahul