Unable to install xmldiff package on WIndows7

Discussion in 'Python' started by hisan, Jan 3, 2012.

  1. hisan

    hisan Guest

    Hi All

    i have downloaded "xmldiff-0.6.10" from their official site (http://
    www.logilab.org/859).
    I have tried installing the same on my 32 bit Windows 7 OS using the
    command "setup.py install" but below exceptions are thrown in the
    console.
    please help me out in installing this package on Windows

    Exceptions thrown while installing

    C:\Users\santosh\Downloads\xmldiff-0.6.10>setup.py build
    running build
    running build_py
    package init file '.\test\__init__.py' not found (or not a regular
    file)
    package init file '.\test\__init__.py' not found (or not a regular
    file)
    running build_ext
    building 'xmldiff.maplookup' extension
    gcc -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -ID:\Python26\include -ID:\Python26\PC -
    c extensions/maplookup.c -o b
    uild\temp.win32-2.6\Release\extensions\maplookup.o
    error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory
    hisan, Jan 3, 2012

  2. hisan

    hisan Guest

    Can some one help me out here Its High Priority

    hisan, Jan 5, 2012

  3. hisan

    Rod Person Guest

    On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:03:32 -0800 (PST)
    hisan <> wrote:

    > Can some one help me out here Its High Priority
    >

    > On Jan 4, 12:47 am, hisan <> wrote:
    > > Hi All
    > >
    > > i have downloaded "xmldiff-0.6.10" from their official site
    > > (http://www.logilab.org/859). I have tried installing the same on
    > > my 32 bit Windows 7 OS using the command "setup.py install" but
    > > below exceptions are thrown in the console.
    > > please help me out in installing this package on Windows
    > >
    > > Exceptions thrown while installing
    > >
    > > C:\Users\santosh\Downloads\xmldiff-0.6.10>setup.py build
    > > running build
    > > running build_py
    > > package init file '.\test\__init__.py' not found (or not a regular
    > > file)
    > > package init file '.\test\__init__.py' not found (or not a regular
    > > file)
    > > running build_ext
    > > building 'xmldiff.maplookup' extension
    > > gcc -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -ID:\Python26\include
    > > -ID:\Python26\PC - c extensions/maplookup.c -o b
    > > uild\temp.win32-2.6\Release\extensions\maplookup.o
    > > error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory

    It trying to compile this extension using GNU gcc. You'd need that to
    compile this one windows. Don't know if there is a windows version but
    check http://gcc.gnu.org

    --

    Rod Person http://www.rodperson.com

    'Silence is a fence around wisdom'
    Rod Person, Jan 5, 2012
  4. hisan

    John Gordon Guest

    In <> hisan <> writes:

    > Can some one help me out here Its High Priority

    GCC is failing with a "No such file or directory" error.

    I assume this means either that gcc is not installed on your computer,
    or that it couldn't find one of the files you passed on the command line.

    The first case seems less likely, as I would expect a "Command not found"
    error instead of "No such file or directory".

    The second case seems more likely, especially since one of the directories
    GCC is trying to use contains embedded spaces in the name:

    -ID:\Python26\PC - c extensions/maplookup.c

    Can you rename that directory to something that does not contain spaces
    and try it again?

    B is for Basil, assaulted by bears
    John Gordon, Jan 5, 2012
  5. hisan

    MRAB Guest

    On 05/01/2012 19:34, John Gordon wrote:
    > In<> hisan<> writes:
    >
    >> Can some one help me out here Its High Priority

    > GCC is failing with a "No such file or directory" error.
    >
    > I assume this means either that gcc is not installed on your computer,
    > or that it couldn't find one of the files you passed on the command line.
    >
    > The first case seems less likely, as I would expect a "Command not found"
    > error instead of "No such file or directory".
    >
    > The second case seems more likely, especially since one of the directories
    > GCC is trying to use contains embedded spaces in the name:
    >
    > -ID:\Python26\PC - c extensions/maplookup.c
    >
    > Can you rename that directory to something that does not contain spaces
    > and try it again?

    Alternatively, enclose it in quotes.
    MRAB, Jan 5, 2012
  6. hisan

    gwang Guest

    On Jan 3, 11:47 am, hisan <> wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > i have downloaded "xmldiff-0.6.10" from their official site (http://www.logilab.org/859).
    > I have tried installing the same on my 32 bit Windows 7 OS using the
    > command "setup.py install" but below exceptions are thrown in the
    > console.
    > please help me out in installing this package on Windows
    >
    > Exceptions thrown while installing
    >
    > C:\Users\santosh\Downloads\xmldiff-0.6.10>setup.py build
    > running build
    > running build_py
    > package init file '.\test\__init__.py' not found (or not a regular
    > file)
    > package init file '.\test\__init__.py' not found (or not a regular
    > file)
    > running build_ext
    > building 'xmldiff.maplookup' extension
    > gcc -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -ID:\Python26\include -ID:\Python26\PC -
    > c extensions/maplookup.c -o b
    > uild\temp.win32-2.6\Release\extensions\maplookup.o
    > error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory

    edit maplookup.c and comment away the line : #include <inttypes.h>.
    At least that's what worked for me.
    gwang, Mar 3, 2012