Unable to make the session state request to the session state server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Not Liking Dot Net Today, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. During high usage periods I am getting

    Stack trace below:
    System.Web.HttpException: Unable to make the session state request to
    the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service
    is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the
    server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote
    requests by checking the value of
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.
    at System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.MakeRequest(StateProtocolVerb
    verb, String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess, Int32
    timeout, Int32 lockCookie, Byte[] buf, Int32 cb, Int32 networkTimeout,
    SessionNDMakeRequestResults& results)
    at System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.DoGet(String
    id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess)
    at System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.GetExclusive(String
    id)
    at System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.BeginGetExclusive(String
    id, AsyncCallback cb, Object state)
    at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem()
    at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object
    source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
    at System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously

    my configuration is three web servers in a webfarm all saving state to
    a forth system.

    The system seems to work fine when I have under 2800 users on.

    I have increased the network time out to 30 seconds on the webservers
    and the box running the statesever process per
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308097) , but
    still see the problem.
    Not Liking Dot Net Today, Apr 21, 2004