Unable to map the debug start page URL to a machine name

Tom wilson

I have a W2003 web server running many web applications. One of these
uses remote debugging. It works perfectly. Today, I created a new
asp.net project. I have 2 problems with it:

1 - Any error that occurs displays the generic "application error has
ocurred" screen. It also says to enable real error messages to set,
in web.config:

<customErrors mode="Off" />

Well, it's off, but I still get the generic error messages.

2 - When I run the project to debug, I get the error "Unable to map
the debug start page URL to a machine name"

I've set customerrors to Off, why can't I see custom errors, even when
viewed from the browser on that web server?
If one project on the same server will debug, why won't the other?

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

James Nong

Tom, I was wondering if you were able to find a solution to this
problem. Im experiencing the same exact problem. Please let me know.
Thanks.