Unable to Open a Web Project after a Domain Policy was Pushed Out.

Guest

When I try to open a web project, I get the following error:

"The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the web project located at the following url:"..."HTTP/1.1 500 Internal
Server Error".

This began happening for our entire development staff after a security
policy was pushed out that removed us from four specific rights, such as
""Replace a process level token". This was corrected and we updated our
policy, but we are still having the same problem.

It can be fixed by for any given day by reinstalling asp.net using
aspnet_regiis.exe. However, the problem reappears when the computer is
shutdown and restarted. I even tried re-registering aspnet_isapi.dll, but
the problem still reappears.

We are on vs 2003 v1.1.4322. Win XP Professional.

I have also tried bypassing the proxy server for local addresses, changing
the ProcessModel element in machine.config to username="system" and
password="autogenerate", but to no avail. I tried turning off xp's firewall
and adding the aspnet user and myself to the "VS Developers" and "Debugger
Users" group.

Even though this is not stopping development, since we can just reinstall
asp.net easily and have it work for the rest of the day, why does the problem
reappear the next day? How can we make it go away forever?

Thanks,
Brian