unable to open pdf document in iframe in IE for a secure site.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by lak, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. lak

    lak Guest

    Hi,

    I am unable to view the pdf document in IFrame when the site is
    secured(https). I am able to view the page correctly if i use Netscape
    or firefox but not IE 6.0

    In IE, I get a dialogue box to download Adobe acrobat control for
    ActiveX with options to open/save/cancel. If I click open/save, i get
    the error "internet explorer could not download from the site".
    I am setting the src of the iframe initially to an existant blank page
    and then resetting the src to the page which generates the PDF document
    later in the code.

    The pdf document is generated using reporting services.

    Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    lak, Oct 26, 2005