Unable to open web project error

Rob

I asked this question before but having had no response i'll try to
simplify the description and hope someone can help this time.

Basically my problem is that i'm getting the error "Unable to open web
project...the file path 'blah' does not correspond to the url
'blahblah'. Fair enough because the file path 'blah' is incorrect.
The question is where does it get this file path from ?

Just to add some background, i have copied the project into a separate
area to do production builds, file path 'blah' is my original
development area, but i can't see where it is getting this path from,
it doesn't appear to be in the .sln. .csproj, etc.

Hope someone can provide some clues.

Thanks
Rob

bruce barker

for c# web projects there is a file called:

projname.csproj.webinfo

in this file is a url. VS then uses this url to get the path to aspx files.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Well it might be security reasons sometimes..
Make sure u have the appropriate right on ur wwwroot folder.

Rob

Thanks for the reply. This doesn't seem to be the problem in this
case. The error message i'm getting is "...the file path 'blah' does
not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/blahblah'...". The file
path 'blah' is my original source development directory, not my
production build directory where i'm trying to build it from now. But
i can't see where it's getting file path 'blah'.

Grateful for any more suggestions.

Rob

Rob

Thanks, Bruce i already looked into this. The webinfo contains the
correct url, which points to the correct directory, so i'm confused
why the error message tells me its expecting a different file path -
don't know where its getting this file path from.

Rob

Guest

Rob,

I have same problem. I just wondering if you found solution.

I am using .NET 2003 (7.1.3088
Framework 1.1.4322) on Windows
Server 2003. After I installed BizTalk 2004
on same machine I was not able to open web
project.
Error:
"Unable to open Web Project 'ProjectName'. The file path
'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ProjectName' does not corresponding
to the URL 'http://localhost:/ProjectName'. The two need to map
to same server location. HTTP Error 404:"

Thanks
Paul

Guest

I have also been struggling with this problem. The solution that I found was
to recreate the virtual folder using the wizard, and give it the same name as
the web application. It does not work if you right click the folder and
create the site; you must right click the web site and create a virtual
folder. After this is done, close and open the IIS Manager and the duplicate
folder will be gone.

hope this helps,
John

Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Great Fix

I have been hunting everywhere for a fix on my web url not connecting correctly to my folder location, though everything looks right. Adding the virtual directory, closing IIS, and reopening it fixed the problem and made my project once again accessible. Thanks John!

Carolyn