    Hope someone can provide some clues.

    Thanks
    Rob

    Rob, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Rob

    bruce barker Guest

    for c# web projects there is a file called:

    projname.csproj.webinfo

    in this file is a url. VS then uses this url to get the path to aspx files.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Well it might be security reasons sometimes..
    Make sure u have the appropriate right on ur wwwroot folder.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Thanks for the reply. This doesn't seem to be the problem in this
    case. The error message i'm getting is "...the file path 'blah' does
    not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/blahblah'...". The file
    path 'blah' is my original source development directory, not my
    production build directory where i'm trying to build it from now. But
    i can't see where it's getting file path 'blah'.

    Grateful for any more suggestions.

    Rob

    Rob, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Thanks, Bruce i already looked into this. The webinfo contains the
    correct url, which points to the correct directory, so i'm confused
    why the error message tells me its expecting a different file path -
    don't know where its getting this file path from.

    Rob

    Rob, Oct 27, 2004
  6. Rob

    naija naija Guest

    naija naija, Oct 28, 2004
  7. Try reading through this sites:-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q326497
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q320265

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Nov 5, 2004
  8. Rob,

    I have same problem. I just wondering if you found solution.

    I am using .NET 2003 (7.1.3088
    Framework 1.1.4322) on Windows
    Server 2003. After I installed BizTalk 2004
    on same machine I was not able to open web
    project.
    Error:
    "Unable to open Web Project 'ProjectName'. The file path
    'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ProjectName' does not corresponding
    to the URL 'http://localhost:/ProjectName'. The two need to map
    to same server location. HTTP Error 404:"

    Thanks
    Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Dec 15, 2004
  9. I have also been struggling with this problem. The solution that I found was
    to recreate the virtual folder using the wizard, and give it the same name as
    the web application. It does not work if you right click the folder and
    create the site; you must right click the web site and create a virtual
    folder. After this is done, close and open the IIS Manager and the duplicate
    folder will be gone.

    hope this helps,
    John

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTaXZpbGxh?=, Jan 24, 2005
  10. Rob

    cyp7

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2006
    Messages:
    6
    Great Fix

    I have been hunting everywhere for a fix on my web url not connecting correctly to my folder location, though everything looks right. Adding the virtual directory, closing IIS, and reopening it fixed the problem and made my project once again accessible. Thanks John!

    Carolyn

    cyp7, Oct 25, 2006