Unable to place controls in layout grid cells (repeated)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Silicon Strawberry, Aug 8, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    I posted this a while ago, but I haven't got a response yet.

    When I do the following:

    - create a layout grid by going 'Layout' > 'Insert Table';

    - accept the default settings (3 x 3 grid);

    - drag a text box from the toolbox on the centre cell of the grid (i.e. at
    row 2, column 2);

    instead of the edit box to be placed in the centre cell, it is placed in the
    top left row (row 1, column 1).

    What's more, when I look at the source code for the page, it *does* tell me
    that the control *is* in the centre. The reason it appears not to display
    correctly is that it is css position attribute is *absolute*, not
    *relative*.

    Is there any way I can make the attribute relative by default when I drag
    and drop controls into layouts?

    Thanks in advance,

    Akin
    --