Unable to play .wav file on WMP

microteq

Hello,

I am trying to play a file from my ASP.NET application on the client's
browser using a link like:

When I click the link, WMP opens and I get the following Error
displayed in the WMP11:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not
support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to
compress the file.

When I try the same thing with Firefox, it works fine.
When I copy the file manually to a local folder and I doubleclick it
from the windows explorer, it also opens WMP and it plays ok.

Can someone give me a hint?

Many thanks
Daniel.

jufemaiz: jc

Hello,

I am trying to play a file from my ASP.NET application on the client's
browser using a link like:

When I click the link, WMP opens and I get the following Error
displayed in the WMP11:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not
support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to
compress the file.

When I try the same thing with Firefox, it works fine.
When I copy the file manually to a local folder and I doubleclick it
from the windows explorer, it also opens WMP and it plays ok.

Can someone give me a hint?

Many thanks
Daniel.

No idea - but perhaps as an alternative hijack the link using your
favoured javascript framework (YUI, Del.icio.us or whatever) and use
flash to play the file?