'Unable to Process Request' error?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Chris Ashley, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. Chris  Ashley

    Chris Ashley Guest

    We have a web service which is giving the following error to one of our
    clients:

    "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to
    process request. ---System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired.
    The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the
    pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use
    and max pool size was reached.

    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString
    options, Boolean& isInTransaction)

    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

    at NHIWebApp.DataAccessLayer.DataConnection..ctor()

    at NHIWebApp.WebServices.OrderDetails.GetBranches()
    "

    Is this being caused by our web service or by the client? It is strange
    because I have tried the same code he is using here and also at home
    and I cannot replicate the error. They are quite heavily locked down
    and behind a proxy server so could this have something to do with it?

    I just want to make sure that the problem does not lie with my web
    service.

    Regards,

    Chris

    Chris Ashley, Nov 15, 2005