Unable to re-establish GPRS connection after failed Web Service

David

I have a mobile application that connects to a web service via GPRS
connection. I bring up the GPRS connection using Connection Manager before
calling the web service. This all works fine, except when the web service
fails. This sometimes happens because GPRS is not always very reliable in
our area. After the web service fails, and I try and disconnect and
reconnect with connection manager, it seems that connection manager cannot
reconnect because the web service still has a reference to the previous
(failed) connection. Connection Manager gets a WaitingForResource status
when you issue a connect request. If I end the application, or press the end
call button on the device, then I can reconnect without any problem. How do
I do this programmatically, or does this indicate a possible problem in
Compact Framework, where the connection is not properly released in the
WebServices stack when an exception occurs.

Hopefully this makes sense to somebody out there who can help

Regards
David