Unable to re-establish GPRS connection after failed Web Service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by David, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I have a mobile application that connects to a web service via GPRS
    connection. I bring up the GPRS connection using Connection Manager before
    calling the web service. This all works fine, except when the web service
    fails. This sometimes happens because GPRS is not always very reliable in
    our area. After the web service fails, and I try and disconnect and
    reconnect with connection manager, it seems that connection manager cannot
    reconnect because the web service still has a reference to the previous
    (failed) connection. Connection Manager gets a WaitingForResource status
    when you issue a connect request. If I end the application, or press the end
    call button on the device, then I can reconnect without any problem. How do
    I do this programmatically, or does this indicate a possible problem in
    Compact Framework, where the connection is not properly released in the
    WebServices stack when an exception occurs.

    Hopefully this makes sense to somebody out there who can help

    Regards
    David

    David, Oct 22, 2004