Unable to read files in directory

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Kay, Oct 13, 2005.

  1. Kay

    Kay Guest

    IIS cannot read files in a directory reporting that :

    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01B6)
    Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Fso.GetFolder'

    This has to do with Scripting.FileSystemObject.
    I make sure the scrrun.dll is properly registered with regsvr32.
    Still the problem persists.

    Previously I do not know what I did right once in permission setting and
    managed to display the said files but it went away after tweaking the
    permission for make other functions available.

    I scoured the web and this problem is a perrenial one. Many many suggestions
    have been made even in expertsexchange site but no real solution. I don't
    understand why it is so difficult to have this file system service up and
    running.

    Can some experts who have the answer please help?

    Kay, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Can you post the code in which you dim and instantiate this "Fso" variable?
    Or just post a good snippet of the relevant code?

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 14, 2005

  3. Kay

    Kay Guest

    -------------- CODE----------------------------------------
    'UPLOAD_PATH is also correct using response.write
    response.write UPLOAD_PATH

    Set Fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

    If Not Fso.FolderExists(UPLOAD_PATH) Then
    Fso.CreateFolder (UPLOAD_PATH) ' error here
    End If

    Set Folder = Fso.getFolder(UPLOAD_PATH) 'error here also

    dim Fso does not help

    message news:...

    Kay, Oct 14, 2005
  4. What is the error?

    What is the exact text returned by response.write UPLOAD_PATH?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 14, 2005