Unable to read files in directory

Kay

IIS cannot read files in a directory reporting that :

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01B6)
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Fso.GetFolder'

This has to do with Scripting.FileSystemObject.
I make sure the scrrun.dll is properly registered with regsvr32.
Still the problem persists.

Previously I do not know what I did right once in permission setting and
managed to display the said files but it went away after tweaking the
permission for make other functions available.

I scoured the web and this problem is a perrenial one. Many many suggestions
have been made even in expertsexchange site but no real solution. I don't
understand why it is so difficult to have this file system service up and
running.

Can some experts who have the answer please help?

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Can you post the code in which you dim and instantiate this "Fso" variable?
Or just post a good snippet of the relevant code?

Ray at home

Kay

-------------- CODE----------------------------------------
'UPLOAD_PATH is also correct using response.write
response.write UPLOAD_PATH

Set Fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If Not Fso.FolderExists(UPLOAD_PATH) Then
Fso.CreateFolder (UPLOAD_PATH) ' error here
End If

Set Folder = Fso.getFolder(UPLOAD_PATH) 'error here also

dim Fso does not help

Ray Costanzo said:
Can you post the code in which you dim and instantiate this "Fso" variable?
Or just post a good snippet of the relevant code?

Ray at home

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What is the error?

What is the exact text returned by response.write UPLOAD_PATH?

Ray at work