Unable to read/write to .ini file using .dll in webservice

Rhydian Coombs via .NET 247

Hi,

I am new to asp.net. I am creating a web service. This I havedone. The web service calls one of our .dll's. This .dll usesthe GetPrivateProfileString and WritePrivateProfileStringwindows api's to edit a .ini file present on the web server.

My problem is that when the .dll is called from the web service,it fails to read or write to the .ini file. If however I use the.dll from a normal windows application it does. I guess there issome security problem, but after nearly a day trying I am at aloss at to what to do.

Can anybody help.

Many Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Rhydian.

erymuzuan

make sure apnet account has write access to the file. and the path is
correclty mapped.
Windows form application always run using the account that launch it,
But ASPNet run on a special low priveldge account, ASPNET for WInXP or
NETWORK SERVICE for Win2K3

regards
erymuzuan mustapa