    --

    Thanks in advance!

    Sherwood
    Sherwood, Apr 17, 2006

  2. Sherwood wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am receiving the following error whenever I attempt to run any ASP
    > from localhost:
    >
    > "The page cannot be displayed. There is a problem with the page you
    > are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed."
    >
    > At the bottom of the page is states the following:
    >
    > "HTTP 500 - Internal server error Internet Explorer"

    First, turn off "friendly http errors" so you can see the real error
    message:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    Then, if these pages (http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2476,
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147) don';t help, search aspfaq for the
    error you get. if you still don't find anything there, try googling for the
    error you receive. If you still find nothing, get back to us.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 18, 2006