Unable to scroll to the required location

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by teenaarora83@gmail.com, Dec 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello friends

    i am novice to javascript and web technology
    i am working on a web application in which i am facing a problem,
    where in when i open a link within a document, the browser takes me to
    that content, stays there for a second , and then takes me to the top
    of the document..

    The problem is bugging me since many days.

    document.style.height is is being set, after which top of the document
    gets opened.
    i am getting the scrollTop value before it, it being 18000 pixels.

    but after going ot top, when i am trying to scroll down to 18000 , i
    am not able to do it.

    i have tried
    window.scroll.
    document.body.scroll
    document.style.scroll
    scrollBy
    scrollTo
    self.scroll

    but all in vain
    i am using IE 6.0 SP2.
    can anybody guide me why scroll is not working

    any kind of help will be appreciated

    thanks in advance

    Regards
    Teena