Unable to scroll to the required location

teenaarora83

Hello friends

i am novice to javascript and web technology
i am working on a web application in which i am facing a problem,
where in when i open a link within a document, the browser takes me to
that content, stays there for a second , and then takes me to the top
of the document..

The problem is bugging me since many days.

document.style.height is is being set, after which top of the document
gets opened.
i am getting the scrollTop value before it, it being 18000 pixels.

but after going ot top, when i am trying to scroll down to 18000 , i
am not able to do it.

i have tried
window.scroll.
document.body.scroll
document.style.scroll
scrollBy
scrollTo
self.scroll

but all in vain
i am using IE 6.0 SP2.
can anybody guide me why scroll is not working

any kind of help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

Regards
Teena