Unable to see output when debugging server side scripts...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by PeterB, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. PeterB

    PeterB Guest

    Hi!

    I want to debug some ASP (VB) scripts on a ASP application I have. I am
    running a local IIS server on Win XP Professional, and use Visual Studio
    ..NET as debugger.

    I'm trying to debug the following code:
    http://www.asp101.com/articles/jacob/scriptupload.asp , which is a script
    for uploading files from the client machine to the server. A welcome screen
    displays a file browse button, textfield and a upload button. When clicking
    the upload button a asp VB script is run displaying a result message
    indicating if the upload was successfull or not.

    I have followed the instructions in this document on how to enable
    debugging:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/vsdebug/html/vxtskaspscriptdebugging.asp

    I have checked the debug scripts on server and clients in IIS configuration,
    rebooted my machine.

    I now attach both iexplorer.exe and inetinfo.exe processes. Under running
    documents I see "Microsoft Internet Explorer", and the page it has loaded.
    When I click a button on the first page, it should load a "upload"-script. A
    new document is displayed under "Microsoft Internet Explorer" in running
    documents pane, but no IIS document is displayed?!? I don't even have an
    indication of any IIS process at all under Running documents?!?

    One strange thing here is that when I first tried the upload script I got to
    the result message, which indicated that everything was ok. After changing
    the code it stopped working, so I changed it back, but now I can't get it to
    work again? Even if I add the old files to the directory?!??

    any help would be appreciated!

    / Peter

    PeterB, Feb 2, 2005