Unable to see output when debugging server side scripts...

PeterB

Hi!

I want to debug some ASP (VB) scripts on a ASP application I have. I am
running a local IIS server on Win XP Professional, and use Visual Studio
..NET as debugger.

I'm trying to debug the following code:
http://www.asp101.com/articles/jacob/scriptupload.asp , which is a script
for uploading files from the client machine to the server. A welcome screen
displays a file browse button, textfield and a upload button. When clicking
the upload button a asp VB script is run displaying a result message
indicating if the upload was successfull or not.

I have followed the instructions in this document on how to enable
debugging:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/vsdebug/html/vxtskaspscriptdebugging.asp

I have checked the debug scripts on server and clients in IIS configuration,
rebooted my machine.

I now attach both iexplorer.exe and inetinfo.exe processes. Under running
documents I see "Microsoft Internet Explorer", and the page it has loaded.
When I click a button on the first page, it should load a "upload"-script. A
new document is displayed under "Microsoft Internet Explorer" in running
documents pane, but no IIS document is displayed?!? I don't even have an
indication of any IIS process at all under Running documents?!?

One strange thing here is that when I first tried the upload script I got to
the result message, which indicated that everything was ok. After changing
the code it stopped working, so I changed it back, but now I can't get it to
work again? Even if I add the old files to the directory?!??

any help would be appreciated!

/ Peter