    my colleagues' machine)..i'm suspecting that it's my configuration of
    my machine...I'm using win2k for now...installed all the necessary
    modules and IIS ....wat could be the error?
    da_sotong, Jun 23, 2004

  2. >
    > I have a perl script that does the sending of email. However i keep
    > getting the same error when i run the script:
    >
    > Failed to connect to mail server: Unknown error
    >
    > I'm quite sure that the codes are correct (as the script COULD work on
    > my colleagues' machine)

    So why ask here?

    > ..i'm suspecting that it's my configuration of
    > my machine...I'm using win2k for now...installed all the necessary
    > modules and IIS ....wat could be the error?

    How about asking a win2k group?

    Unbelievable!

    --
    Andre

    ---

    Fighting for peace is like f..ing for virginity
    Andre Wisniewski, Jun 23, 2004

  3. On 23 Jun 2004 00:27:59 -0700, da_sotong <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a perl script that does the sending of email. However i keep
    > getting the same error when i run the script:
    >
    > Failed to connect to mail server: Unknown error
    >
    > I'm quite sure that the codes are correct (as the script COULD work on
    > my colleagues' machine)..i'm suspecting that it's my configuration of
    > my machine...I'm using win2k for now...installed all the necessary
    > modules and IIS ....wat could be the error?

    What Perl method are you using (module?) and what smtp server are you
    attempting to connect to? Perhaps it is attempting to relay through an
    smtp server on localhost, and you are not running one, or it is not
    properly configured. Or maybe you have a firewall that is blocking it.

    The open relay(s) that some modules may have used in the past may no
    longer be open, due to spam abuse. Although, if you use a module like
    Mail::Sendmail, you may be able to configure it for a specific destination
    smtp server (one that is MX for destination address).

    David Efflandt, Jun 24, 2004