Unable to serialize the session state.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ross Culver, Aug 8, 2007.

  1. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    Ok, how do I fix this c$#^? I get this whenever I attempt to run the ASPNet
    Configuration from within my solution.

    The stack [SerializationException: Type
    'System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager' in Assembly
    'App_Code.qenbbviu, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    is not marked as serializable.]

    references the public key token as not being marked as serializable.

    I can't find the system.web.administration.webadminremotingmanager. I can't
    find a single publickeytoken that equals null. I found App_Code.qenbbviu in
    the aspnet temp directory, but its compiled after the fact. I deleted the
    App_Code directory which had nothing in it, but the dll was recreated
    anyway.

    I've search the web and can't find any solutions to this frigging stupid
    error.

    Any help on this would be tremendously appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Ross

    Ross Culver, Aug 8, 2007

  2. Ross Culver wrote:
    > Ok, how do I fix this c$#^? I get this whenever I attempt to run the ASPNet
    > Configuration from within my solution.
    >
    > The stack [SerializationException: Type
    > 'System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager' in Assembly
    > 'App_Code.qenbbviu, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    > is not marked as serializable.]
    >

    > references the public key token as not being marked as serializable.

    No, it says that WebAdminRemotingManager is not serializable. The
    PublicTokenKey is a property of the Assembly that the class belongs to.

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Aug 8, 2007

  3. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    How does that song go . . . . "one step closer to nowhere".

    Thanks.

    Ross Culver, Aug 8, 2007