    In WIndows XP, localhost, the asp pages rae not being
    served. It gives 500 internal server error. But html and
    other pages can accessed

    girisj, Jan 26, 2004

  2. girisj

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    turn off friendly error messages in IE and find out the real error.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 26, 2004

  3. girisj

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:11:03 -0800, "girisj" <>
    wrote:

    >In WIndows XP, localhost, the asp pages rae not being
    >served. It gives 500 internal server error. But html and
    >other pages can accessed

    Start with:

    Why do I get a 500 Internal Server error for all ASP errors?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 26, 2004
  4. if I make Application protection Low, then
    http://localhost/localstart.asp works fine. But
    http://localhost/iishelp/iis/misc/default.asp give the following error
    The server has encountered an error while loading an application during
    the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more
    detail information. Please contact the server administrator for
    assistance.

    Girish Lal pudieduth, Jan 27, 2004
  5. girisj

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 05:59:26 -0800, Girish Lal pudieduth
    <> wrote:

    >if I make Application protection Low, then
    >http://localhost/localstart.asp works fine. But
    >http://localhost/iishelp/iis/misc/default.asp give the following error
    >The server has encountered an error while loading an application during
    >the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more
    >detail information. Please contact the server administrator for
    >assistance.

    Then you need to look in the event log and see what the event is.
    Post the Event ID, Source and full event descripotion and we may be
    able to help.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 27, 2004