'unable to start debugger' message

wh

I've had this problem before and have managed to sort it out before though
this
time I'm quite baffled. I've spent the last 3 to 4 hours getting quite
stressed and would appreciate some assistance. I've searched the google
newsgroups and it appears that other have experienced the same problem
though the suggestions given to them have all been exhausted by myself.

Anyway, the exact error is:

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Catastrophic failure......"

So far I've:

1. Reinstalled Visual Studio and the .Net framework twice. Same error
message.
2. Reinstalled IIS running aspnet_iisreg.exe -i afterwards. Same error
message.

I'm running Win2k Service Pack 4. I performed a Windows Update earlier today
and know
that debugging wasn't a problem before the update was installed.

Wayne.

wh

Thanks. I just tried it but with no success.

If it helps in the VS.Net environment I am able to 'start without
debugging'. When the web application starts I can then go back and attach
the debugger to the 'aspnet_wp.exe' process.

Wayne.

wh

Although it didn't work before, I've just restarted my machine and all seems
okay now.

Thanks vey much,
Wayne.