Unable to start debugging on the web server After 2003 SP1

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?QuFsdGljbw==?=

After installing Windows 2003 Server SP1 I was unable to start any
asp.net project either in Debug or Release mode. Every time I got the
Unable to start debugging on the web server ... You do not have
permission to debug the server ... Verify that you are an administrator
or a member of "Debugger users" group

I can no longer reproduce the error because I uninstalled SP1. After
uninstalling it, everything was solved, so I am sure that SP1 has
something to do with it.

I tried everything, from including the URL in the Trusted Sites list in
IE, to aspnet_regiis.exe -i.

I also checked Just In Time Debugging Security in Component Services
DCOM and everything was as recommended.

When debugging to an URL using http://localhost it worked ok. I also
disabled the new firewall that SP 1 installed, but nothing.

Please let me know if this is a common issue for Windows 2003 Server
with Visual Studio 2003 installed on the same box.

Thanks in advance

Báltico (MCP)

Dennis Ginley

I found a solution to exactly this problem here:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc

I had to change a security setting in IE.

Hope this helps,
Dennis