    "Unable to start debugging on the web server. An authentication error
    occurred while communicating with the web server".

    Any help?
    =?Utf-8?B?YWxleGtpdA==?=, Jun 12, 2007

  2. Re: Unable to start debugging on the web server. An authenticationerr

    alexkit wrote:
    > I'm using vista, VS team suite with sp1. when building web site. it always
    > giving me this error.
    >
    > "Unable to start debugging on the web server. An authentication error
    > occurred while communicating with the web server".
    >
    > Any help?

    Hi Alex.

    First of all, I guess that you get this error while trying to debug the
    project, not while trying to build it, since the error you get is
    "unable to start DEBUGGING....". Is this so?
    And have you tried to run the project, but not in DEBUG mode? What's
    happening?
    I am not an expert, but I myself have met similar problem some times in
    the past. And I think it would be useful if you give us some more
    information. For example have you create a virtual directory? Or if you
    have more than one versions of VS and .net framework, have you set your
    project to use the right version of .net framework. And one more
    possible solution that comes to my mind. Is your project using
    Integrated Windows Authentication? (you can check this in the properties
    of your virtual folder, the Security tab...).
    Dimitar Voynov, Jun 12, 2007