Unable to start debugging on the web server

Guest

Hi All,

I need help. I am getting an error message saying "Unable to start debugging
on the Web Server. Access is denied" when I ran my ASP .NET program. I
already added my user account in a Debugger Users group, also my account has
a sufficient access priviledge to the web folder og my ASP .NET program.

Is there a way to solve this without adding my account in the Administrators
group?

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks,

- zhingkitzu

Guest

Hi,

Are you sure you have ASP.net installed? You can check by looking in IIS
under the
default website, properties then HTTP Headers. Within the custom HTTP
Headers box see if powered by AP.net

Jon

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

The ASPNET acct running doesn't have enough permission..
Try setting that!
Patrick

Guest

Hi,

How do i-set permissions for ASPNET account? I tried setting it in the
folder of my web project, also in the IIS settings. Also I tried adding the
ASPNET account in the VS Developers group and Debuggers groups. Still no luck

Thanks.

Guest

Hi,

How do i-set permissions for ASPNET account? I tried setting it in the
folder of my web project, also in the IIS settings. Also I tried adding the
ASPNET account in the VS Developers group and Debuggers groups. Still no luck

Thanks.

Mr. Khaled Hussein

zhingkitzu said:
Hi,

How do i-set permissions for ASPNET account? I tried setting it in the
folder of my web project, also in the IIS settings. Also I tried adding the
ASPNET account in the VS Developers group and Debuggers groups. Still no luck

Thanks.

:

Do you have two versions of .NET, for example if you have .NET 1.1 and
2.0 installed you will get this error message

The Solution:
In IIS, browse till you find your virtual directory, and then click on
its properties, you will find a new tab called ASP.NET, click on it, and
you will find a nice combobox is giving you the choice to select the
version of your .NET ... Make sure that you select 1.1, in case that you
need that.