Unable to start debugging on the web server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Aivi, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Aivi

    Aivi Guest

    Hi,

    I am having some difficulty trying to debug a web
    application.

    Here is the error message that I am getting"

    "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start
    debugging on the web server. The project is not configured
    to be debugged.

    For ASP.NET projects, verify that you have a valid project
    file called 'Web.config' for the URL specified and 'debug'
    is set to 'true' in that file...."

    I verified that the Web.config does exists in the
    inetpub\wwwroot\project directory and the debug flag is
    indeed set to true.

    Can someone tells me what is wrong with my application?

    Thanks in advance,
    Aivi
    Aivi, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Aivi

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    make sure iis is running, if you have applications pools make sure they are
    running

    Alvin Bruney, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Aivi

    Yusuf D M Guest

    hi,

    Check web.config file and make sure..it does not have any errors in it.

    Yusuf D M

    Yusuf D M, Aug 27, 2003