    It seems to me that it has something to do with the fact that my local
    machine is also my web server.

    Any ideas?
    Richard B. Lewis, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Richard B. Lewis

    Kunal Guest

    Have you tried running:

    aspnet_regiis -i from the command line..

    For info on this tool here (URL *will* wrap)
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...aspnetiisregistrationtoolaspnet_regiisexe.asp
    http://www.qnal.net/inkabletype

    "Richard B. Lewis" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm getting this message ever since I applied W2KSP4 on my server (which

    is
    > both my local machine development environment and my web server). I've

    been

    Kunal, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Richard B. Lewis

    Jack Peacock Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm getting this message ever since I applied W2KSP4 on my server (which

    is
    > both my local machine development environment and my web server). I've

    been
    > through the "Things to Check" help on this error and am about 80% sure I'm
    > OK with all the points mentioned.

    I ran into a similar problem last week moving an ASP project to the laptop.
    I'm using XP but this may still be relevant:

    Go to Admin Tools->IIS->select the website
    dir->Properties->Directory->Configuration button (toward bottom)->Debugging

    There are two flags for ASP client and server side debugging. You may need
    to turn on one or both.
    Jack Peacock
    Jack Peacock, Mar 1, 2004