Unable to start debugging web server - No suitable logon session

Guest

After a bit a trouble getting VS to create a project on a different web
server (I forgot to apply the 'fix'), I get the following error when trying
to debug my web application.

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. There appears to be no suitable logon session on the server. Please
verify that you are logged on to the server through Terminal Services or that
you are logged onto the server locally. Would you like to disable future
attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?

What am I doing wrong? Heelp..

I am using VS.NET 2002/IIS 5.1/XP Pro SP2 on the 'client' computer, and IIS
6.0/Server 2003/VS.NET 2002 Server Components on the 'web server'. Both
computers are on the local subnet and form a domain.

Guest

I am under the EXACT same scenario. XP SP2 with VS.NET 2002 trying to debug
to Windows SBS Server 2003. Receiving the same 'logon session' error. Any
ideas?

Arthur

The problem is that you have to have a console logon session to the
server you are trying to debug. A regular remote desktop session will
not do the job.

You can create a console session from the computer that you are logged
on by clicking Start, clicking Run, and then typing mstsc
-v:<<servername>> /F -console in the Open box, where <<servername>> is
the server that you want to connect to.

Cheers.

Arthur