Unable to start TSQL Debugging. Could not attach to SQL Server Process on 'srvname'. The RPC server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DR, Oct 25, 2007.

  1. DR

    DR Guest

    Unable to start TSQL Debugging. Could not attach to SQL Server Process on
    'srvname'. The RPC server is unavailable.

    I get this error when I try to run a SQL Server Project with a CLR stored
    Procedure in it. The target DB is SQL Server 2005 and im using VS 2005. I
    simply create a new SQL Server Project which creates a Test.sql, i then
    simply added a Stored Procedure to it called the default name
    StoredProcedure1.cs and put a break point in my simple StoredProcedure1.cs
    and hit F5 and i got this error:

    Unable to start TSQL Debugging. Could not attach to SQL Server Process on
    'srvname'. The RPC server is unavailable.

    Do i need to do something on the server so that I can debug this? Any walk
    through on how to configure this sql server 2005 to have this RPC so i can
    debug my CLR stored procedures in this way? e.g. step over, step into, run
    to cursor etc.

    Is this CLR debugging feature complete and tested yet? if so is there any
    walk through on creating simple CLR helloworld in vs2005 and then executing
    it in sql server 2005 but catching a break point in the StoredProcedure1.CS
    code? I would like to debug these StoredProcedure1.cs as while sql server
    executes it is why. so as of now my current error when i try this is:

    DR, Oct 25, 2007