unable to transmit over 4M post data

cyberleo80

hi..
i need to transfer (using msxml lib) an xml document, but
if this is over 4 megs of data i receive this message:

"msxml4.dll (0x80072EFE)
The connection with the server was terminated abnormally"

thanks

swp

From a thread found at http://forums.msdn.ph/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=26869
:

"IIS 6.0 (Windows 2003) has a file named metabase.xml which resides in
the
C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv folder. Navigate to that directory and edit
the
file. Search for an entry called AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed. This
defaults to
a value of 204800, which causes IIS 6.0 to limit allowed upload size to

204,800 bytes.

Changing this value to a large number (such as 2000000000 for 2
gigabytes)
will allow your Windows 2003 server to accept large uploads.

If your server does not allow the Metabase Edit-While-Running feature,
you
will need to stop the IIS service before you can save the metabase.xml
file.
"

hth,
swp

Dave Anderson

Curt_C said:
how much memory does the server have?
IIRC it loads it ALL into memory first...

Presumably enough to measure in GB, not MB.

--
Dave Anderson

Ananda Sreenivas