"Unable to Validate Data"- System.Web.HTTPException

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter O'Reilly, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. I receive the following error when I post a webpage:
    "Unable to validate error" - System.Web.HTTPException.

    The web page is an ASP WebForm page. I have a few controls on the page
    that when selected (e.g. ASP.NET calendar control, HTML radio/option
    buttons), a postback occurs.

    In addition, I have a input button, that when clicked, initiates a HTTP Post
    Request.
    Notably the input button utilizes client side javascript to change the
    action property of the form
    targeting another page, and then call it's (DOM) submit method on its
    onClick (client side script) event.

    It is an ASP.NET (framework) ver 1.0 application. I have .NET 1.1 framework
    installed as well.
    I've added the validateRequest="false" attribute to the web.config file, but
    it does not help.

    Any helpful comments is appreciated. Thanks.

    --
    Peter O'Reilly
    Peter O'Reilly, Jan 13, 2004