"Unable to Validate Data"- System.Web.HTTPException

Peter O'Reilly

I receive the following error when I post a webpage:
"Unable to validate error" - System.Web.HTTPException.

The web page is an ASP WebForm page. I have a few controls on the page
that when selected (e.g. ASP.NET calendar control, HTML radio/option
buttons), a postback occurs.

In addition, I have a input button, that when clicked, initiates a HTTP Post
Request.
Notably the input button utilizes client side javascript to change the
action property of the form
targeting another page, and then call it's (DOM) submit method on its
onClick (client side script) event.

It is an ASP.NET (framework) ver 1.0 application. I have .NET 1.1 framework
installed as well.
I've added the validateRequest="false" attribute to the web.config file, but
it does not help.

Any helpful comments is appreciated. Thanks.