UnauthorisedAccessException for thread

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Avadhoot, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. Avadhoot

    Avadhoot Guest

    hi,

    I am writing a new asp.net program. Here in, the user has to click on a
    button on a web page, and a new excel sheet should open up.

    I could do it successfully using Office 2k3 PIA's for the click event
    handler for the button.
    Then I decided to create a new thread and complete the process of creating
    an excel sheet in the new thread itself.

    But I am getting the following error.

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred
    in Unknown Module.

    Additional information: Access is denied

    But, the code executes successfully when i remove the thread and directly
    code it in the click event handler for the asp button.

    What might be the problem?? How can I give access permission to the thread??
    Should set some permission in the Internet Information Services Manager.

    OS: Win2k3 server
    IIS 6.0 version

    thanks in advance.

    Avadhoot, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Avadhoot wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I am writing a new asp.net program.

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 28, 2006

  3. Avadhoot

    Avadhoot Guest

    HI,

    Thanks for the advice. Point noted. I posted my question over there. Since I
    posted the question in a haste, I did not go through earlier questions. But
    none the less it was a mistake on my part.

    Anyway thanks.

    Avadhoot

    Avadhoot, Aug 28, 2006