UnauthorizedAccessException when using COM interop

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by FDMattias, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. FDMattias

    FDMattias Guest

    Hi,
    I am currently working on a webservice that is calling functions from a VB6
    COM component. the COM is working when called from a regular .NET WinForm
    application but when I try to create an instance of it in the webservice i
    get an System.UnauthorizedAccessException.

    This only seems to happen on my developmentcomputer and everything is
    working fine on the our testserver and even at a codevelopers computer. I
    have tried everything that I can find about the problem.

    I have also tried to create a very simple COM component and a simple
    webservice to test if it was that specific COM but that doesn't work either
    so it seems like I have some strange setting or policy somewhere that says I
    can't create COM-object from IIS, however I can't find to figure out what to
    change.

    Would be most greatfull for some help.
    /Mattias

    FDMattias, Mar 1, 2005