Uncaught exception

George2

Hello everyone,

Just want to check whether my understanding is correct,

Both (1) and (2) only covers Windows C++ platform.

1. If there is uncaught exception, destructor is not ensured to be
called for active object;

2. All the resources (handles, memory, etc.) for current process will
be released when uncaught exception causing process to terminate.

thanks in advance,
George

Ian Collins

George2 said:
Hello everyone,

Just want to check whether my understanding is correct,

Both (1) and (2) only covers Windows C++ platform.
Then why ask here?

Christopher Pisz

George2 said:
Hello everyone,

Just want to check whether my understanding is correct,

Both (1) and (2) only covers Windows C++ platform.

1. If there is uncaught exception, destructor is not ensured to be
called for active object;

What's an "active" object?
2. All the resources (handles, memory, etc.) for current process will
be released when uncaught exception causing process to terminate.

Best asked in one of the microsoft.public newsgroups. Or better yet, looked
up on MSDN.

bjeremy

Hello everyone,

Just want to check whether my understanding is correct,

Both (1) and (2) only covers Windows C++ platform.

1. If there is uncaught exception, destructor is not ensured to be
called for active object;
On any caught or uncaught exception, destructors for objects aren't
guaranteed to be called.
2. All the resources (handles, memory, etc.) for current process will
be released when uncaught exception causing process to terminate.
On any caught or uncaught exceptions all Resources aren't guaranteed
to be released.
thanks in advance,
George

Use RAII.