    will become uncheckable? Thanks.

    -
    crhayne

    crhaynes, Aug 27, 2004

  2. crhaynes

    Steve Pugh Guest

    crhaynes <4designers.com> wrote:

    >I have a form that has several checkboxes. If seleted, the submit
    >button will send an email request for the items selected. I am adding
    >a new item that would make the others obsolete if selected. Is there a
    >way to code it so that if the new item is selected, all other checkboxes
    >will become uncheckable? Thanks..

    It's possible to do this via JavaScript. Write a script that sets the
    disabled property to true for the other checkboxes when the control
    checkbox is checked.

    However, JavaScript is of course optional and so a more robust
    solution is to code your server side script to simply ignore all the
    other checkboxes when it receives a submission that includes the
    control checkbox value.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Aug 28, 2004