Uncheckable Checkbox

crhaynes

I have a form that has several checkboxes. If seleted, the submi
button will send an email request for the items selected. I am addin
a new item that would make the others obsolete if selected. Is there
way to code it so that if the new item is selected, all other checkboxe
will become uncheckable? Thanks.

-
crhayne

Steve Pugh

crhaynes said:
I have a form that has several checkboxes. If seleted, the submit
button will send an email request for the items selected. I am adding
a new item that would make the others obsolete if selected. Is there a
way to code it so that if the new item is selected, all other checkboxes
will become uncheckable? Thanks..

It's possible to do this via JavaScript. Write a script that sets the
disabled property to true for the other checkboxes when the control
checkbox is checked.

However, JavaScript is of course optional and so a more robust
solution is to code your server side script to simply ignore all the
other checkboxes when it receives a submission that includes the
control checkbox value.

Steve