    kj

    --
    NOTE: In my address everything before the period is backwards.
    kj, Apr 9, 2004

  2. kj

    Tom Hester Guest

    Yes, you are talking about the schema language. Go to
    http://www.w3schools.com/schema/default.asp.

    Tom Hester, Apr 10, 2004

  3. In article <c578er$7dd$>, kj <> wrote:

    % I'm just getting started with XML. One topic I'm confused about
    % is the issue of self-description. It was my understanding that
    % there is a standard language for describing the syntax of an
    % XML-based markup-language such that a generic XML parser could use
    % this syntax description to validate a document.

    There are several. The XML standard describes DTDs. The w3c has a
    schema language which is mentioned in another reply. OASIS has a
    schema language called RELAX NG whose specification is at
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/spec-20011203.html.
    There are other schema languages, but I don't think there are any
    others that have gone through any sort of standardisation process.
    --

    Patrick TJ McPhee
    East York Canada
    Patrick TJ McPhee, Apr 12, 2004