unconstrained two-dimensional array?

Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am using a two-dimensional array, the type is declared in a package:
type my_array is array (natural range <>) of std_logic_vector(31 downto 0);
Then I can use signals or ports of this type throughout my design:
signal my_signal: my_array(a downto 0);
where a is a generic value.

Now I wonder is it possible to make the second dimension of my 2-dim-array also depend on a generic? (Because in most cases I won't need a length of 32 bit...)
As I cannot use the generics in my package, this would mean to declare an array which is unconstrained in both dimensions...

I'll be very grateful if anyone can help me with this topic. Thanks!