    Jason Sauer Guest

    We use "FOR XML EXPLICIT" and "OPENXML" heavily on our SQL 2000 Advanced
    server. Every now and then we get an "Undeclared Tag ID" error (SQL Error
    #6806) when calling stored procedures that use "FOR XML EXPLICIT".

    If I open the offending stored procedure, modify it in any way (add a
    carriage
    return, hit the space key) and save it, the error goes away. To my knowledge
    we are current on service packs.

    Has anyone else had this problem and better still, does anyone know how to
    fix it? This has become more frequent lately and although it is easy to fix
    it sure seems like a bug. I can't find on MSDN or other newsgroups so far.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Jason Sauer, Feb 6, 2004