Undeclared vars on II6 Windows 2003 w/Option Explicit cause page to STOP. Why?

Mike Schinkel

I'm trying to set up a Windows 2003 server using ASP, and I am find ASP
pages just STOP as if I had called Response.End whenever an undeclared
variable is found. If I turn off Option Explicit, it doesn't happen.
Clearly I can Dim the variable to solve the problem (I mention this in case
some smartaleck decided to propose it as the solution), but it is making
finding undeclared variables very hard! Anyone have any idea what I've
done wrong in my configuration?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Schinkel

Well, I finally figured it out. After wasting about 3 hours when I'm trying
to meet a deadline, I found that with ASP server-side debugging enabled, any
error is the equivalent of a Response.End! I couldn't find the answer to
this anywhere on the net; maybe someone at Microsoft or ASPFAQ can
documented it...