Undefined symbol __rtaccess() error

fredy

While porting code from SUN 4.2 compiler to SUN 6.2 ( forte) compiler using
compatiblity (compat) mode, the following error occurs. If any one knows
solution for this problem please let me know. your reply will be highly
appreciated.

CC -O -DSVR4 -I/vobs/devel/include -DOWTOOLKIT_WARNING_DISABLED
-DDEV_CHECKS -D_REENTRANT -compat -library=rwtools7
-features=no%conststrings -I../Common -I/vobs/devel/include -features=rtti
-mt VX_TIF.o LoadSaveManager.o -L. -lsocket -lnsl -L -lxdisputl -Bstatic
-lsec -Bdynamic -lxdisputl -R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -lxview
-lolgx -lX11 --lm -lsunmath -lintl -o VX_TIF

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
__rtaccess(Observable&) LoadSaveManager.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to VX_TIF
*** Error code 1
clearmake: Error: Build script failed for "VX_TIF"

Marc

fredy" said:
While porting code from SUN 4.2 compiler to SUN 6.2 ( forte) compiler using
compatiblity (compat) mode, the following error occurs. If any one knows
solution for this problem please let me know. your reply will be highly
appreciated.

Seams like this symbol might be in libC.*. Did you read CC -readme? Then
you should post to a compiler specific newsgroup.

jimleaton

Jo,
I am dealing with a very similar problem right now.
The __rtaccess symbol is defined for each class because
we have runtime type information enabled for our programs
using -features=rtti. I am not sure why in the port from
old to new sun compiler things are having problems. If you
do not need -features=rtti, then you can remove the option and maybe all
will be well. If you do <dynamic_cast> anywhere, you cannot remove this
option. If you solve this
problem any other way than removing -features=rtti, I would be very
interested in hearing what you did. Thanks!
Jim