    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to VX_TIF
    *** Error code 1
    clearmake: Error: Build script failed for "VX_TIF"
    fredy, Jul 12, 2004

  2. fredy

    Marc Guest

    "fredy" wrote:

    > While porting code from SUN 4.2 compiler to SUN 6.2 ( forte) compiler using
    > compatiblity (compat) mode, the following error occurs. If any one knows
    > solution for this problem please let me know. your reply will be highly
    > appreciated.

    Seams like this symbol might be in libC.*. Did you read CC -readme? Then
    you should post to a compiler specific newsgroup.
    Marc, Jul 13, 2004

  3. fredy

    jimleaton Guest

    Jo,
    I am dealing with a very similar problem right now.
    The __rtaccess symbol is defined for each class because
    we have runtime type information enabled for our programs
    using -features=rtti. I am not sure why in the port from
    old to new sun compiler things are having problems. If you
    do not need -features=rtti, then you can remove the option and maybe all
    will be well. If you do <dynamic_cast> anywhere, you cannot remove this
    option. If you solve this
    problem any other way than removing -features=rtti, I would be very
    interested in hearing what you did. Thanks!
    Jim
    jimleaton, Jul 16, 2004